If you are looking for the best air compressor for nail gun, my research-based blog might help you choosing the one for your job. Below I have made a list of top rated compressors with reviews and specifications, that will help you in right selection. Air compressor combo kit is very popular because of the budget price. You can consider them, if needed.
What Size Air Compressor for Nail Gun?
The answer is very simple. All compressors can run brad nailer for finishing work and roofing nailer for framing. The question is how long are you going to use them. A pancake compressor will kick on before finishing a whole magazine of framing nails. If you are professionals and work around the clock, buy an oil-filled compressor with big tank size. With brad gun and staple gun there is no problem.
Pancake Air compressor are cheap in price so first-time users having no or little heavy work keep them in priority list. Apart from price range, they are meant to do multiple range of jobs and considered to be best air compressor for nail gun.
You May Like The Following Models
Porter Cable PCFP02003
PORTER-CABLE C2002-WK | Air Compressor Combo Kit
Porter-Cable C2002 is the latest technological marvel equipped with oil-less pump and given a compact design having just porter cable 6-gallon air compressor tank, thus providing high portability and easy storage on the backseats of work vans, truck’s bed or other locations. This unit is the best air compressor for nail gun.
Low amp motor also makes less noise and facilitates quick start-up even in icy-cold temperature. You can also use extension cord to reach remote areas.
The oil-less piston pump of the device keeps you free from regular maintenance since it does not seep oil. The bore and stroke of the pump measures 1.875" (47.6mm) and 1.250" (31.8mm) respectively. It’s cast iron piston withstands wear and tear providing consistent performance for long. The air tight piston ring inside the cylinder are able to build 150 PSI maximum pressure into the tank.
I hope you are informed about the motor and pump quality from our Porter Cable C2002 review. Please carry on and let us know your opinion in the comment section below.
Air Compressor-Nail Gun Combo Review
Porter-Cable c2002 and Porter-Cable c2002 wk are of the same compressor model by Porter Cable. ‘WK’ is simply the acronym for ‘with kit’. Porter-cable c2002 wk comes with three different combos. We highly recommend you getting them if needed because buying each item separately will cost you much.
The combos include following packages.
- Porter-Cable c2002 with 13 accessory kit and TEKTON 5941 digital tire pressure gauge.
- Porter-Cable c2002 with 13 accessory kit.
- Porter-Cable c2002 with TEKTON 5941 digital tire pressure gauge.
13 piece accessory kit includes a 25-foot hose, inflation needle, blow gun, 1/4" female universal quick connect coupler, tire chuck, tapered inflator nozzle, safety nozzle, 1/4" male steel industrial plug, and some other connectors.
TEKTON 5941 gauge is equipped with digital LCD screen to show accurate reading clearly and instantly. As with analogue gauges, you need not to do the guesswork any longer. It is powered by 3 LR44 batteries and shuts off automatically to save the power.
Thanks to its lighted nozzle that seals to valve firmly. Weighing 2.4 ounces and having sticky non-slippery surface, the unit comfortably fits hand.
BOSTITCH BTFP02012 Air Compressor Nail Gun Combo
Bostitch is a leading power tools manufacturing company, started their journey since 1896. They have good impression for their innovative and quality products. Bostitch's core products are construction tools, automotive tools, industrial tools and so on. Bostitch's BTFP02012 is one of the best pancake compressor ideal for nail guns.
Featuring great 2.6 SCFM at 90 PSI and having 150 max PSI air pressure, it is meant for multipurpose uses. Having 70% duty cycle, you can operate 40 minutes per hour thus making it suitable for tough jobsite.
Two quick universal outlets save you from the hassle of frequent air tools changing. Do keep in mind that Bostitch BTFP02012 has 450 hours’ survival time which is more than enough for intermittent users. If you need a device to operate 3-4 hours every day, I am sorry; this guy is not meant for you.
- Two pressure gauges let you know tank pressure and air delivery pressure.
- Pump, motor and other fragile components are nicely shrouded with rigid plastic cover translating into heavy protection around your jobsite.
- Three round shaped rubber feet gives reduced vibration and minimized noise when operated.
- One safety valve to release over pressure from the tank.
- One drain valve is to drain extra moisture. The compressed air inside the tank retains moisture and transforms into water as soon as gets cooled. Our specialist suggests to channel water after each use. In addition, you must dry the tank to avoid rust when storing the compressor for a long time.
Bostitch 3 Tool Compressor Kombo Kit Reviews
- Bostitch BTFP02012 also comes with combo kits that includes a 16-gauge finish nailer, a 18-gauge brad nailer and a 3/8" crown stapler. If you don’t have any air tools, grab these kits; It is really a good bargain. Individual purchase of each item may cost you two times higher than the combo pack.
- You can sink from 5/8 inches to 2 inches nails with the Brad nailer drives.
- The finish nailer supports 1-1/4" to 2-1/2" finish nails.
- Crown Stapler can drive staples from ¼ inches to 9/16 inches.
With the combo offers you will get 15-foot quarter inch air hose. Read More: 80-Gallon Compressor